My little boy loves baking, and he’s always my little sous-chef so from time to time I let him decide what we’re going to bake and this time he wanted to make cookies. Initially I was going for basic cookies but then I realized I still had some strawberries in my bridge, so we changed our plan and decided we would go for something new that we haven’t tried before and that is Strawberry Chip Cookies 🙂
Having only baked cookies once before, I was quite nervous as to how these ones would end up since I wanted to avoid having pink cookies or too many hard chips. So let’s start with the basics and that is the ingredients you’ll need.
- 225 g butter (lactose free or Alpro Soy)
- 150 g fine sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar (= 1 small bag)
- 1 egg yolk ( the yellow stuff 🙂 )
- 280 g flower
- 3 big strawberries
The above ingredients make for about 20 cookies depending on how big you want them to be!
- Start by mixing the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until it’s a creamy mix.
- Add the egg yolk and mix again until the egg is completely absorbed by the butter mix.
- Add the flower and continue mixing.
- Cut the 3 strawberries into small squares and add them as a last step to the mix.
- Continue mixing for a little bit until the strawberries are blended with the mix.
- Knead everything until you get a firm cookie dough.
- Wrap the dough in kitchen foil and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
After taking out the dough from the fridge, divide it into small balls. If you want to make round cookies or shaped cookies, best to do that before placing them on the baking tray. Once you’ve shaped the cookies, place them on the baking tray that is covered with baking paper. Make sure you have about 3-5 cm of space between the cookies as they will grow / expand in the oven.
Bake the cookies for about 16-18 min in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius. The aim is to go for cookies that are gold-ish brown, so if after 17 min they are still pale-looking then add a couple of minutes but check regularly. Once you take them out of the oven, let them cool down on the baking tray for a while before placing them on a plate or cookie jar.
The end result are some delicious cookies with strawberry chips that are not too crispy and not too soft. Just the right mix 🙂
Hope you enjoyed reading another recipe and if you have suggestions, please feel free to share as I’m always looking out for new things to try!